Learning Objective:To compare human rights in the past, Canada and another country.
Instructions: Create a multimedia presentation answering the questions below. (Your choice of presentation software). Include a minimum of 10 pictures/video clips.
Time: 3 classes / due Thursday
Work: Individual or pairs (2 only)
Step 1 The Past:
Identityfy one human right that is violated in the movie Braveheart. Provide specific examples from the text. If you missed the movie, use another historical movie you have viewed. Click here for examples.
Step 2 Canada:
- Is the human right protected in the Canadian Charter? (If so, quote the exact phrase. Use the link or the poster in the classroom.)
- Is the human right ever violated in B.C. / Canada? If so, how? (hint: google news articles. Recommend CBC.)
- Are there consequences when it is violated (e.g. jail time)? Please provide a specific example.
Step 3 The World:
- Find and choose one country where your chosen human right is not protected.
- How is your human right violated in this country?
- Are there any people / agencies / governments fighting to change this? Who? How?
- Please reference 2 reliable resources for your information.
Step 4 Your Thoughts:
Presentation Sign Up
- Kelly & Marshall
- Ashlee & Lyandra
- Dylan & Jen
- Phyllis & Drew
- Natalie & Janelle
*To add yourself to either day, add a comment below with your chosen date.