Assignment: Choose one region and create a digital collage that answers the questions below. Be prepared to speak to each of your pictures.
Materials: http://padlet.com/ and notesfromthefield.sd62.bc.ca
Step 1 Choose a province or a territory in Canada to explore. You may work individually or with one partner.
|Alberta||British Columbia||Manitoba||New Brunswick|
|Newfoundland & Labrador||Nova Scotia||Ontario||Prince Edward Island|
Step 2 Research PEGS for your chosen region. Save and title relevant pictures as you go.
- -what is the structure and function of the provincial or territorial government in your region?
- -who is in charge?
- -how did they get there?
- -what is the power structure?
- -when was your region officially created?
- -why did your region join confederation (i.e. Canada)?
- -what natural resources are available in your region?
- -how has your region developed their resources?
- -what are the main industries in your region?
- -what are the main jobs available in you region? Have these changed? Why?
- -is your region considered rich or poor? Why?
- -what physiographic region of Canada is your region in?
- -what does the land look like? Vegetation? Climate? Wildlife?
- -who immigrated to your region and when?
- -what are some of the religions, cultures, and ethnicities in your region?
- -what food & customs are in your region?
- -what are the main settlements (cities) in your area?
- -do more people live in urban or rural areas?
Step 3 Create a wall at wallwisher and add your pictures with captions
Step 4 Share your wall by copying the link to your wall and pasting it in the comment section on my blog: notesfromthefield.sd62.bc.ca
Region Sign Up
Kelly & Marshall-New Brunswick
Shayla & Kayla-Alberta
Drew & Phyllis-Quebec